La Girafe III – Fora Marine RM 1260
La Girafe is a 2014 boat in immaculate condition, she had hardly been used when we purchased her in late 2017 followed by a testing delivery back across Biscay in January 2018, where she confirmed just what a capable and seaworthy vessel she is. We specifically sought out this boat after a lot of research; we love the unique design, her sparkling sailing performance and characteristics, her sea worthiness, construction and levels of comfort. It took us about 2 years to identify an available boat as these do not come on the market very often.
RMs are unique in their design with strong lines, powerful hull shapes and rigs and comfortable, modern and light accommodation. They are designed as fast cruising yachts offering superb levels of comfort whilst looking after their crew with excellent sea keeping qualities. In our experience they certainly live up to their billing. We are delighted with her; she is a pleasure to sail and live on whether out on skippered charter, delivering RYA courses or, when we get the chance, cruising her ourselves.
We would be delighted to welcome you on board to spend time on a very special yacht in some of the most beautiful and remote sailing waters in the UK. Take a look at our yacht gallery.
- Length overall 12.60 m
- Beam 4.35 m
- Draft 1.95 m
- Air Draft 19.3 m
- Displacement 7783 kg
- Ballast 2800 Kg
- Engine Volvo Penta D2 40 (40hp) with D130S gearbox and 3 bladed folding propellor
- Fuel Capacity 130l
- Water capacity 300L
La Girafe is well appointed with a modern clean and functional interior
She has three sleeping cabins:
A bunk room which is aft to starboard (usually occupied by the Skipper)
A double to Port
A large double forward
A light and airy saloon (which can also sleep up to three if necessary)
A single heads/shower room.
La Girafe has a powerful double spreader cutter rig, giving flexibility and excellent sail balance. The mainsail has 3 slab reefs two of which are single line and the Genoa and Staysail are roller reefing. She carries a Jib Pole for running down wind and an Asymmetric Spinnaker.
The sails are made by the reputable French loft, ‘Incidence’, in Hydranet performance cruising fabric.
- Mainsail 47.8 m
- Genoa 48.3 m
- Staysail 25.7 m
- Asymmetric Spinnaker 180 m
- Webasto heating
- 240v shore power connection
- 12v portable appliance charging
- Pressurised hot and cold water
- Anchor windlass
- Raymarine E7 Touch MFD’s Cockpit and Nav station
- Raymarine ST 70 Multifuntion displays x 2 (wind, depth, speed etc)
- Raymarine AIS 650 (A and B)
- ST 70 Autopilot
- Raymarine VHF
- Activ X radar reflector
- Navtex weather reciever
Safety on board is paramount. We strive to ensure that you are well briefed at all times with regard to our expectations and to the required use of safety equipment and its location.
La Girafe has a CE Certificate: Category A Ocean and is licensed for Commercial use by the Marine Coastguard Agency to sail up to 60 miles from a safe haven (category 2 waters) with up to 8 persons on board.
All her safety equipment is maintained and inspected as required by the MCA. In addition she has an annual gas system inspection. We carry out a routine of daily and weekly inspections of essential safety systems and equipment.
She carries the following safety equipment;
- 10 MCA approved lifejackets (auto inflating) and 10 lifelines
- 1 x 10 person Solas B liferaft
- Solas Offshore Flare pack
- Grab bag with safety equipment
- 2 horseshoe buoys with drogues and Lights
- 1 man overboard Danbuoy
- 2 man overboard ladders
- Category C first aid kits
- Jackstays in the cockpit and on deck
- Storm jib
- Search light
- Day shapes and not under command lights
- Extensive tool kit and spares inventory
- Fixed and portable VHF sets and emergency arial
- Main Anchor ( 20KG with 50 meters chain and 20 meters warp)
- Kedge Anchor (21Kg with 10 meters chain and 40 meters warp)
- Inflatable dingy (with 2.5 HP engine)
- Bilge pumping and alarm systems
- Gas, smoke and carbon monoxide alarm systems
- Engine room and cabin fire extinguishers and fire blanket
- All through hull fittings carry softwood bungs
Our Seafaring Adventures
We offer RYA practical sailing courses from Start Yachting to Yachtmaster Preparation on board our 40 foot training vessel La Girafe III. Full Details including course dates and costs.